Monday, April 21, 2014


We have set up short term and long term goals.  This is nothing new to me.  I have spent countless hours in the Self Help (now known as the Self-Improvement) section.  Better to spend 1-2 hours scanning and buying books than to spend hundreds on one-on-one-PhD. therapy.

Long and short term goals are nothing new.  I am no longer excited, and almost deflated with the idea.  Abui hears this and asks, “Why isn’t this something you are interested in doing?”  I tell her that I am very familiar with short/long term goals.  If they worked for me, I wouldn’t need the assistance now.  She says some stuff, as usually my brain starts to daydream and I say okay, because that is what people like to hear.  (I sound like a jerk, I know.  But… eh… no one’s perfect).  Yet something about this feels different.  Through all of these sessions, nothing has seemed to change and yet some iota of me has.


What changes may come…  Another assignment…GREAT! (sarcasm) but if I do it, I get to talk to my friend and cousin... so I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment