Sunday, April 27, 2014

From I wish we could to "GO!!"


We have to move!
Being mentally and physically isolated for 4 days because of my schedule is one thing but then to be mentally isolated, due to lack of funds (which my friends agree is a huge issue in the rural South) for another 4 days is all a person can take.  Praying all the time for a miracle, for months, may have led to an answer.  Lance and I are going crazy…

I have only 2 weeks before the Holidays arrive, and even less time to move.  I texted Abui and we agree to hold off meetings so that I can move.  I endured my rotating schedule of four days of work and four days off.  Those off days I spent trying to pack up a 2 bedroom, 2 bath our trailer.  (Please note:  in the South trailers can be the dumps seen on tv for the stereotype poor or gorgeous pre-fabricated mansions.  We lived in the first one; with a roach infestation that the landlord never told us about or fixed.  No amount of bombing and pest control helped).

Long story short, found a new job (need to move up there, before we can set up  work date), I gave my 2 weeks-notice, did the mail-forwarding, and  few days later we moved our things to the new house.  I spent my last 6 days on my friend’s floor, because I needed a place to sleep after work and motels are expensive when you don’t have any money.  

My friend’s empty room didn’t have heat, so that even with a small portable room heater (blankets were at the house and no creature comforts were offered), I would wake up with the temperature being 22 degrees at midnight and doze in and out of sleep until it was time for work.  IT WAS HORRIBLE!  (Still thanking God all the way because sleeping in the car would have been harder).


These three weeks were so stressful for me that I basically stopped talking, and went into auto-pilot to save energy.

No comments:

Post a Comment